[SATLUG] New Laptop

Walt DuBose dubose at texas.net
Thu Feb 28 16:57:39 CST 2008

toddwbucy at grandecom.net wrote:
> Quoting phn1x <phnx.lists at gmail.com>:
>>But.... Ubuntu works with everything!
> which is precisely the reason that I am willing to run Alpha grade software from
> Ubuntu.  It just works.
> Stick that in you hard drive Bill Gates!
> Todd

My wife and I got new Acer laptops for Christmas...we gave each other a laptop :-)

My wife has to keep her's loaded with M$ because of her job but I, right off the
bat, wiped out M$ by loading Ubuntu.

I've been working with Linux since the 29-30 floppy version of SLS that Bob
Tracy gave me.  I have tried most of the distros and to date, Ubuntu appears to
be the most likely candidate to replace the M$ desktop.  I believe that it still
neds a lot of polishing...but could certainly be the distro to knock M$ down.