[SATLUG] 32 and 64 bit kernels

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 02:41:59 CST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:55 PM, Chris Lemire <good_bye300 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a 64-bit Fedora 8 raid level 1 setup. Because I am using 64-bit, I cannot use the 32 bit windows driver for my wlan usb network adapter. How is it possible to have a 32 bit kernel, so that I can boot that up when I want to use wireless wlan, or can I run a 32 bit kernel in USL UserSpace Linux or 32-bit chroot with ndiswrapper in order to use a 32 bit windows driver with a 64-bit Fedora 8 kernel running my machine?

I would check for a 64-bit Windows driver first.  Also, I don't recall
if this is true, but I think I heard about another NDIS emulation
project that will take a 32-bit driver and allow it to work on 64-bit
kernels.  Don't quote me on that, but I swear I heard something about
it.  Perhaps it was not F/OSS though...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen