[SATLUG] New Laptop

phn1x phnx.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 07:26:11 CST 2008

"Ubuntu appears to
be the most likely candidate to replace the M$ desktop"

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199201179
it's already been tested, I think the outcome was crap but that's just my
opinion. But, your right Ubuntu is an up and comer in the desktop world.
I've been using it for a while, but mostly because it saves me the headache
of getting things working. as for other comments, yea.. I've used ubuntu on
the top and vmware in the back to host my bsd installs and everything else.

I took the advice from a frend about a year ago to drop the crutch "ms" and
just start using linux. I went home one day, formatted the OS drive and have
been running all linux since. It's amazing how
1) You learn really quick how to get around and do everything you need
2) How you really dont need windows for anything (except some of the Reverse
engineering tools I use, btu thats what vm is for )