[SATLUG] PulseAudio

Vern Davis vern.davis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 08:03:52 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:50 AM, Chris Lemire <good_bye300 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Has anyone been experiencing sound problems in FC8 with PulseAudio? Sometimes I will lose sound completely. Other times I cannot get sound from more than one application at a time. Other times I can't get any sound working with Skype. I have searched the Fedora Forums with no luck.
>  Christopher Lemire <christopher.lemire at gmail.com>

I had that problem, but only after upgrading a bunch of stuff.

I found several places on google that said to remove
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio, and that worked for me.

My initial install of F8 64 bit was the easiest, fastest install of
any OS I have ever done. It took 45 minutes, including installing all
the the updates from the repositories.

I used the atrpms repository to install the things Redhat won't.

I did not have one single bit of trouble until I started using the
livna repository to get some of the mythtv packages.

It seems the repository managers don't coordinate very well.

vern.davis at gmail.com