[SATLUG] Man arrested for copying CD's

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Jan 1 21:26:13 CST 2008

On 1/1/08, Ernest De Leon wrote:

>  It's amazing what we've traded for the false sense of security that we live
>  with.

Indeed.

>  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary S
>  afety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.  -Attributed to Benjamin Franklin
>  though the original author is unknown.

That's an old .sig of mine.  I tracked down the original attribution
and it really was from Benjamin Franklin:

	    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

>  I couldn't agree more.  That's why I believe in Ron Paul.

I don't believe in any politicians, and haven't for many years.  They
are all tools of the establishment.

The best I can hope for it to try to help choose someone that I think
is more likely to be a tool for the sorts of things that I want to
have happen, and hope that they don't get twisted and mis-directed
along the way (like Clinton and CALEA).

The big problem with voting for any Republican, regardless of what
you believe of their personal philosophies or politics, is that
you're voting for the Republican party, and they're the ones who've
done the worst damage to the Consitution that this country has ever
seen in it's entire history.  And Republicans regularly get their arm
twisted to "vote the party line", and are forced to do so, like it or
not.