[SATLUG] Man arrested for copying CD's

David Kowis dkowis at shlrm.org
Wed Jan 2 10:22:25 CST 2008

Quoting Brian Lewis <astro at astr0.org>:

> Thats what I asked for all along.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 2, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Geoff <geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu> wrote:
>
>> David Kowis wrote:
>>> Or we can continue to talk about it. It's stimulating :)
>>
>> Let's drop the politics part of it, and stick with Linux, shall we?

Ironically, this entire thread is politics based.

Whether or not copying CD's is illegal.

Personally I don't think it is. But that's not what the RIAA is
saying. You bought a license to play that music off the CD. Not a copy
of the music itself. It's crap, and it probably won't stop me from
making MP3s (or FLAC for the FSF-nutjobs) of all the CDs that I own.

The entire thread has very little to do with linux, actually.

Oh well, I'll stir the coals a bit more.

We should all buy more guns so we can defend our freedoms against the RIAA ;)
--
David Kowis