[SATLUG] Man arrested for copying CD's

David Kowis dkowis at shlrm.org
Wed Jan 2 10:47:35 CST 2008

Quoting Brian Lewis <astro at astr0.org>:

> I agree. Maybe mr ron paul has a plan for this too :)

Guns? or the Licensing stupidity? I know he's pro guns. (W00t!)

I don't know about the licensing thing. I think that just takes
intelligent politicians :( So we're probably hosed there. Or we'd have
to all get more involved in politics and try to influnce who gets
voted in and such. So that the people that are representing us
actually represent our interests.

Also hurting the RIAA economically would be a good factor, but most
people couldn't give two shits about the music licensing things. (OMG
CU(R|S)SING!) They'll buy their CDs and copy them and whatever. Until
it hits home. Either the RIAA will lobby for legislation to be passed,
or it won't. They'll either win big, and kids will be arrested and
such for downloading music to their iPhones. Or they'll fail
miserably, and nothing will change.

I think there's been recent articles about how thei RIAA could be
shooting themselves in the foot by pushing this issue. It could be
decided against them just as easily as it could be decided in their
favor.

--
David Kowis