[SATLUG] Man arrested for copying CD's

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Jan 2 11:07:56 CST 2008

On 1/2/08, Ernest De Leon wrote:

>        If the RIAA is painted as a company who destroys lives (for whatever
>  reason,) it will be put out of business.

Yeah, but how many thousands of lives will be destroyed in the
meanwhile?  How many bad laws will be passed in the US and around the
world which will have chilling effects for generations to come, and
affect millions or billions of lives?

If the RIAA is wrong and they go out of business, it's no skin off
the nose of the executives and lawyers who ran that business that
raped and plundered all those poor people, so why could they possibly
be bothered to care?

We've got to make them care.

We've got to get them materially and financially committed at a very
personal and visceral level to their corporate goals, and when their
company finally runs out of steam and in a few years is proven to
have been wrong from Day One, we have to be able to line them and all
their family up on the firing line and let everyone whom they have
wronged over the years be able to take shots at them.

No one would be allowed to kill anyone else, but you sure as hell
could have a lot of fun maiming a few people.