[SATLUG] Man arrested for copying CD's

Shawn Bender sbender at humana.com
Wed Jan 2 13:10:13 CST 2008

yup!

The biggest problem in this country is the fact that no-one is willing to
fight.
Take a stand..

Stupid people always hurt others.

Thank you for your time,

Shawn Bender

David Kowis <dkowis at shlrm.org>
Sent by: satlug-bounces at satlug.org
01/02/2008 12:59 PM
Please respond to
The San Antonio Linux User's Group Mailing List <satlug at satlug.org>

satlug at satlug.org
cc

Subject
Re: [SATLUG] Man arrested for copying CD's

Quoting Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org>:

> On 1/2/08, Ernest De Leon wrote:
>
>>       If the RIAA is painted as a company who destroys lives (for
whatever
>> reason,) it will be put out of business.
>
> Yeah, but how many thousands of lives will be destroyed in the
> meanwhile?  How many bad laws will be passed in the US and around the
> world which will have chilling effects for generations to come, and
> affect millions or billions of lives?
>
> If the RIAA is wrong and they go out of business, it's no skin off the
> nose of the executives and lawyers who ran that business that raped and
> plundered all those poor people, so why could they possibly be bothered
> to care?
>

> We've got to make them care.
>
> We've got to get them materially and financially committed at a very
> personal and visceral level to their corporate goals, and when their
> company finally runs out of steam and in a few years is proven to have
> been wrong from Day One, we have to be able to line them and all their
> family up on the firing line and let everyone whom they have wronged
> over the years be able to take shots at them.
>
> No one would be allowed to kill anyone else, but you sure as hell could
> have a lot of fun maiming a few people.

Yeah, if you kill them, they don't suffer as long.

Bwa ha ha ha ha!
--
David Kowis