[SATLUG] looking for a new mobo

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Wed Jan 2 13:46:20 CST 2008

>> Todd W. Bucy wrote:
>> I am thinking of building a new box.  Given that
>> I have two p4 socket 478 chips, I was wondering
>> if there if someone could recommend a dual
>> so>cket board.

>In the case of SMP systems, both the Mobo and Proc
>needs to support an SMP configuration.  We will need
>to know the P4 model to verify if SMP is supported
>by that chip.  AFAIK Standard P4's do not support SMP.

>> p.s. did anyone even make one?

>I was also unable to find a reference P4 SMP mobo
>during a cursory search.
Take a look at an Iwill DH800 Dual Pentium 4 Xeon
It uses a 604 socket that may hose it for you.
My knowledge of Intel uP's and sockets is zip, am
a longtime AMD user, but perhaps this may be of
some use to you.  However, were I building a new box
I'd consider the newer dual processor (and now quad)
available at attractive prices and with a broad
selection of Mobo's.
HTH  Lou