[SATLUG] [RANT] Stuff not working

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 17:41:15 CST 2008

You know sometimes I get tired of (insert the f word
here) with Linux.  I have a need to write something
for personal use and am willing to do it in C# as a
learning tool.  I could do it in REALBasic (which I
could crank out quickly) but want to do something
different.

Moving to x86_64 is good but sometimes stuff just
doesnt work because 64-bit rpms or whatnot is not
available right now.

My current gripe is Monodevelop.  Installed by default
through yast, damn thing SIGSEGV's on me.  When it
works for a few minutes I build a simple app
(equivalent to hello world) and I get gtk-sharp and
other packages not installed yet they are in yast.

If there's one thing Microsoft has knocked down its
that shit just works. Period.   The OS may be a piece
of crap and it crashes, needs a reinstall after a
while but it will just work.

>: |

-ALEX.