[SATLUG] [RANT] Stuff not working

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 21:04:46 CST 2008

--- Don Crowder <donguitar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Shucks Alex, I'd give about anything to be able to
> write my own software
> but I can't

I do it for a living but when I'm at home I still have
that itch to code.  I can write something in Oracle
Forms 10g (blah, thats not a real language or IDE).
or VB in Windows.

>and the reason I prefer Debian Etch to
> all versions of
> Windows is because stuff just works.  Allowing MS to
> provide me with
> with an "updated" driver completely killed the sound
> in this computer
> almost a year ago but the sound has worked
> beautifully since I replaces
> Win2K with Debian Etch. I couldn't download IE7

I was partially just pissed off which is why I said
stuff just works under Windows.  Its partially true.
I can install a programming environment and its almost
a gimme that it works.  In general I havent had
problems with Windows until it screws up on me.  I'm
not a idiot that doesnt know how to use windows and
just screws it up.  Its just a given.. I use Windows
to the max when I had it and it was just a matter of
time that the winnt\system32\system file or other was
corrupt or I'd get a virus/spyware.

I'm thinking it has something to do with my switch to
a  64-bit distro.

I'll sleep on it and try it again tomorrow.

Afterall..the only source is open source!

-Alex