[SATLUG] [RANT] Stuff not working

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 23:02:16 CST 2008

--- Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:

> Microsoft makes it trivially easy for a moron who
> can't even point
> and click at boxes to call themselves a "developer"
> and to produce
> crap, yes.

Wrong answer.  Everything ties in seamlessly.  Install
an IDE and it will work.  They've made it easy so that
you dont waste half your time figuring out why the IDE
isnt working.  Isnt computing supposed to make your
life easier?

> If a real programmer were to ever encounter a
> Microsoft environment,
> they would find it difficult to produce good code,
> because Microsoft
> makes it so easy to produce crap.

Coding under a MS environment pays the bills.  What I
do with Linux is for fun and personal enjoyment.

> And you didn't care that you were using paint with a
> heavy lead base
> until you're sixty years old and you don't have any
> grandchildren
> because all of your children developed brain damage
> and you never
> made the connection until it was too late?

Judging by your profile you're alot closer to
retirement than I am.  I guess you'd have more
experience with lead based paints since you were
probably around using that along w/asbestos.

Now go drink some warm milk and calm down.  I dont
want to kick the walker out from under you.