[SATLUG] [RANT] Stuff not working

Vern Davis vern.davis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 09:25:46 CST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 9:06 AM, Alex Bartonek <bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com> wrote:

> on another forum I'm a part of there are folks who run
> 32bit versions of flash (for example) on their 64-bit
> system.  Some software just isnt ready yet I guess or
> not working.
>
> -Alex

I had to do that work-around to get flash to work on this 64-bit system.

The way I understand it is; SlopWave Flash is proprietary, and only
released as pre-compiled binaries.

And Adobe has not released any 64-bit binaries.

Now it looks as if they may have some security issues with pdf files, I believe?

Just A FEW MORE REASONS not to use proprietary software.

vern.davis at gmail.com