[SATLUG] Yahoo

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Jan 3 10:22:40 CST 2008

country wrote:
> Must be an older copy I got through puppy.    I"m running it on a CD for
> right now, and it had an icon labeled "Instal" and gives a large listing of
> addnl programs available for puppy.  I chose and installed gaim, and it
> comes up with 5 different logon screens for various programs..
>

> On Jan 3, 2008 8:48 AM, Tom Weeks <tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org> wrote:

>>> I would look at gaim possibly... it has support for many instant
>>> messaging services..

Country I installed Gaim before the name was changed (due to friction
with AOL) and Ubuntu has not changed it in the updates but I have not
upgraded to 7.10 yet, still running 7.04 and the update manager recently
did an update to Gaim. My guess is they will just reinstall as Pidgin.
Anyway I have had no issues and I use it often.

One issue is security and you may want to go here and read this
http://dooglus.rincevent.net/gaim/  I'm way to greenhorn to advise.
herb