[SATLUG] Office 2003 update blocks older file formats

Henry Pugsley henry.pugsley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 13:57:48 CST 2008

And they quote 'security' as a motivation for blocking those formats.  I
guess they've finished patching/blocking every other bit of malware for
Windows and now their only concern is Word macro viruses.  Why not just
disable macros by default?  Unless by security they mean "we will be secure
in the knowledge that you now need to buy Office 2007 or better" ..

-Henry

On Jan 3, 2008 1:48 PM, <alesmerises at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> Have you heard the latest idiocy from Redmond?  See the article at:
>
> http://www.news.com/Office-2003-update-blocks-older-file-formats/2100-
> 1012_3-6224462.html
>
> Talk about big brother making more decisions for everyone (whether we
> want it or not).

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" - Alan Kay