[SATLUG] Office 2003 update blocks older file formats

Brian Lewis astro at astr0.org
Thu Jan 3 14:25:33 CST 2008

I hate m$ as much as the next guy but to their credit, at least theyre
supporting and updating software that is 5 years old. It really blows
that theyre breaking stuff for "functionality" but some updates are
better than none.

That being said, its a wonder people are still paying for this type of
software, but until an open source alternative emergese that can
viably compete with it, there won't be a shift.

Let's face it, as much as we hate the folks in Redmond, they are the
yin to our yang. Without propriatary software, people wouldn't have as
much passion for open source alternatives. We should consider them a
necessary evil.

Brian
Sent from my iPhone