[SATLUG] Office 2003 update blocks older file formats

John Chalinder argiod at bresnan.net
Thu Jan 3 19:20:12 CST 2008

Indeed, MS has always force upgrades upon the public. This is only one method.
MS has many strategies to get you to spend more money on your computer. First,
when a new OS comes out, we are all unpaid beta testers who pay a premium
price to be such; then, if we want a stable, secure system we must buy
software from several third party vendors who have paid high licensing fees to
MS for the privilege of accessing MS's code. If you have any REAL problems, of
course, you must then put out upwards of $70/hr for a technician who pays MS
around $1250/year to be a certified, licensed MS technician, who has exclusive
access to the only software and knowledge that will produce a secure, stable
system. If you're not a business with a goodly IT budget, then of course, you
are on your own. After all, IBM does stand for International BUSINESS
Machines... go figure...