[SATLUG] Doh! How do i change the hostname of a ubuntu server?

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 23:13:30 CST 2008

Well, I feel stupid..

I installed Ubuntu on a server on my local network.  All of the DHCP ip
addressess resolve to a local network name dhcpXX.matrix so my ubuntu box
pulled dhcp132.matrix.  After I got it up and assigned an IP address based
on the network MAC in the /etc/dhcpd.conf on the DHCP server and added the
appropriate entries in the zone files, the IP now correctly resolves but the
server still thinks it's dhcp132.matrix and not it's correct hostname as
assigned by DNS.

Where do I find and change the locally stored name of the server so it
reports the correct hostname?

Thanks in advance!