[SATLUG] Office 2003 update blocks older file formats

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Fri Jan 4 08:52:10 CST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 2:29 PM, Brian Lewis <astro at astr0.org> wrote:

> And yes I do know about open office but as of now it is lacking in so
> many ways that it isnt a viable alternative (and they still haven't
> perfected the formatting and performance issues that have been around
> since it was first released)

That is a dangerous generality.  I run a multi-million dollar business with
0 copies of MSO.  Our customers have only positive comments on the results
(thanks to integrated PDF tools), and the VERY easy to use Master Document
concept greatly simplifies multi-author collaboration, due to the enhanced
file granularity.  It's track changes and file comparison features work as
advertised, and have saved hundreds of hours of work.

BTW, given the last thread, I am not sure if you are trolling or not.
Regardless, I have 100% confidence in OOo and currently consider it a
business advantage.

jp