[SATLUG] Office 2003 update blocks older file formats

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Fri Jan 4 09:25:47 CST 2008

> On Jan 3, 2008 7:37 PM, Borries Demeler <demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:
>
> > The only time I am not using OO is when I do stuff which is seriously
> > heavy on
> > equations, in which case I use tex. But even for fairly sophisticated
> > equations
> > OO's equation editor is definitely up to par with other word processors.
>

> Forgive the slight deviation of conversation, but have you seen the OOo
> LaTeX module? http://ooolatex.sourceforge.net/  I have not tried it, but it
> may make accessing my TeX docs much easier.

John, I have not, but I will definitely look at this, thanks for making me
aware of it! Although I edit Tex with vi quite comfortably, being able to
integrate Tex with OO would be awesome.

> Agreed.  At least I know that I can get the information back, even without
> OOo, all I need is `unzip` and `vi`.

Good point. I have used that myself in the past. When you extract an OO document,
all images are neatly placed into a separate directory, and you can easily
retrieve the images in their original format, no need to copy/paste the images
out of the document into another application. All of this can be accomplished
without any involvement of OO.

-borries