[SATLUG] OT: DishTV

Kase Saylor h_oudini at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 12:23:04 CST 2008

I apologize for the off-topic post, but I was hoping some of you on the
list might have some experience with DishTV (or Direct TV). I'm
considering switching to DishTV throuh AT&T (they still don't have
U-verse in my neighborhood. They were supposed to by the end of 2007!)
and I'm tired of paying $65/month to TWC. I went through the ordering
process with AT&T and it shows about $51/month for the 100 channel
selection with DVR support for three TVs and local channels (yeah I can
get the local channels OTA, but the Mrs. wants to record her network
shows). My 1st question, is about how much should I expect to pay after
taxes, fees, etc.? Next, should I bypass AT&T and go straight to DishTV?
Should I consider Direct TV? Or should I just wait it out for U-verse.
Thanks for any thoughts you may provide.

-Kase