[SATLUG] OT: DishTV

JTux792 jjjordan at grandecom.net
Fri Jan 4 13:02:02 CST 2008

My neighbor has been a U-verse subscriber for over 10 months now and
continues to experience frequent drops in internet service, pixelations on
his TV, and a fried multiplexer.  I am unaware of his package selection but
I do know he pays over $100 /mo.  His family is very discontent with AT&T's
service.

As for Dish Network or DIRECTV, the only meaningful difference is in the
channel selection available in the package offerings.  Both receive  their
programming from the same source but each packages their channel offerings a
little differently.  I now have DIRECTV but had Dish for 7 years.  If AT&T
succeeds in buying-out Dish Network, I can't see that as a positive IMHO.
You will probably be happy with either; just stay away from U-verse.
Telephone lines were not developed with the idea of multiplexing sound,
video, and data on a copper strand.

-JJ