[SATLUG] trendnet tew-424ub with 64 bit Linux kernel

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 17:47:37 CST 2008

How is that possible? I've already tried the 32 bit drivers, and it did not work. The same drivers do work with 32 bit Backtrack 2 and Backtrack 3 beta from a usb drive.

Ernest De Leon <edeleonjr at gmail.com> wrote: If you are able to get the 32 bit XP drivers, you can use NDISWrapper to run
them in 32 bit application space.  This is similar to how the
nspluginwrapperwrapper works with 32 bit Flash on 64 bit Ubuntu.

Ernest

On Jan 3, 2008 11:35 PM, Chris Lemire  wrote:

> How is it possible to get the trendnet tew-424ub wireless usb network
> adapter working with a 64 bit Linux kernel I compiled in Ubuntu 7.10? Can
> I run a 32 bit ndiswrapper using the 32 bit Windows XP driver in a 32 bit
> chroot? I've looked for 64 bit drivers, but they are for Vista which doesn't
> work with ndiswrapper.

voiced by Benjamin Franklin

http://www.prezronpaul.com