[SATLUG] Man arrested for copying his own CD's

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Fri Jan 4 19:15:31 CST 2008

There was an interesting discussion of exactly this topic on NPR's
'Talk of the Nation' yesterday - here is the link:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17814972

Abstract:

Talk of the Nation, January 3, 2008 -  A recent article in the Washington
Post claims that the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)
views copying a legally purchased CD onto a computer or an MP3 player
as unauthorized, and potentially subject to a lawsuit. The RIAA contends
that the Washington Post story is false.

Guests:

Marc Fisher, columnist for the The Washington Post

Cary Sherman, president of the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)

This segment echoes what Mark says below about misinterpretation by the media.

-borries