[SATLUG] OT: DishTV

John C satlugacct at jchampion.com
Fri Jan 4 20:34:12 CST 2008

Kase Saylor wrote:
> I apologize for the off-topic post, but I was hoping some of you on the
> list might have some experience with DishTV (or Direct TV). I'm
> considering switching to DishTV throuh AT&T (they still don't have
> U-verse in my neighborhood. They were supposed to by the end of 2007!)
> and I'm tired of paying $65/month to TWC. I went through the ordering
> process with AT&T and it shows about $51/month for the 100 channel
> selection with DVR support for three TVs and local channels (yeah I can
> get the local channels OTA, but the Mrs. wants to record her network
> shows). My 1st question, is about how much should I expect to pay after
> taxes, fees, etc.? Next, should I bypass AT&T and go straight to DishTV?
> Should I consider Direct TV? Or should I just wait it out for U-verse.
> Thanks for any thoughts you may provide.
>
> -Kase

we had signed up over a year ago for dish. loved it but i couldn't stand
att's dsl.

anyhow...if att is still selling it, you can get a bundle deal. mine was
supposed to be about $117/mo for long distance, phone service, 1.5mbps
dsl, and Dish Gold with one PVR.

i don't know if they still offer it though.