[SATLUG] trendnet tew-424ub with 64 bit Linux kernel

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 21:52:16 CST 2008

Sorry, I didn't see your dmesg output.  I can see now that your device uses
the realtek 8187 chipset.  Kernel 2.6.23 is supposed to have included the
RTL8187 driver.  If you are on 7.10 (like me)  I'm guess you're still using
2.6.22?  Without upgrading the kernel, the last option I can think of is the
linuxant driver loader.

I also found what appears to be a 64 bit windows driver for that chipset at:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true

Hope that helps.

Ernest