[SATLUG] Fwd: Herb Ubuntu updates

John Ziriax ziriax at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 09:58:58 CST 2008

Cheryl,
Congratulations on making "the switch". I have even managed to do it
at work thanks to Vmware which satisfies the MS centric network
managers. The result is I have more control over my computer and it is
much faster even when the VM is being "managed" and patched to death..
Thanks Dual-Core.

I also what to congratulate you on your success at getting others to
try Linux. I have been less than successful there.

As to your freezing, I have a box at home that has started doing that
at first in XP and now in Ubuntu 7.10 as well. I started swapping out
hardware and made the problem less frequent by removing one of the two
memory sticks and downgrading the Nvidia video card. On boot up, Linux
complains about the AGP window or something (I forget the exact
message.), unfortunately there is now adjustment for that in the BIOS.

I'm still plinking around with it. Good luck with your problem.

John

On Jan 5, 2008 1:56 AM, CHERYL HOLMES <cherylholmes at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
<snip>
>  Herb, I have had problems with Ubuntu updates too.  Like others have said, I too rs a bigtime
Windows person.  Never again though!  I hope to learn a lot from
people in the Linux community and hope to be a very advanced user
sometime in the future.  cheryl