[SATLUG] Ubuntu updates problems continued

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Sat Jan 5 14:01:11 CST 2008

Cheryl, sounds like you coming right along. I am sticking to the
Synaptic Package Manager and I no longer use the add-remove tool. I had
some problems with it.

I am way to uneducated in Linux to help you with your problems but I can
pass on the links I have found most helpful, you may well have
discovered them all yourself if not they sure have widened my
understanding.

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/index
http://www.tuxfiles.org/
http://www.howtoforge.com/
http://monkeyblog.org/ubuntu/installing.html
http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/09/26/how-to-install-vmware-server-on-ubuntu-710/
http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/c122.html

Good luck to you, you sure have the right spirit.
Herb