[SATLUG] Ubuntu updates problems continued

John Ziriax ziriax at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 17:03:01 CST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 12:51 PM, CHERYL HOLMES <cherylholmes at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Thank you  John....You mentioned several of the exact issues I'm having, I'm sure not even

Cheryl,

I haven't had those kinds of problems with X windows in a number of
years. They just sound familiar.

What goes away if you just boot, but don't install, the Ubuntu Live CD?

You can change the resolution from the GUI with Grandr. Or, with
xrandr from the command line.

Try switching mice, old mouse for new, and USB for PS2 or visa versa.
I just start swapping things around to get a picture of what the
source of the problem.

You can change the driver for X by editing the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file
as root and changing the line:
Driver          "nvidia"

Driver          "nv"

Although, in the end, I always seem to end up back with the Nvidia drivers.

Good luck.

John