[SATLUG] off the topic: minix

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Sun Jan 6 09:12:27 CST 2008

FWIW, I have 3 P166 boxes currently deployed.  2 run as Monowall firewalls
(BSD) from compact flash and the other runs a minimal gentoo installation
(linux router), granted it took forever to compile, but once done, it had
everything it needed to be a router.  I am sure that Bruce has some LFS
installs on minimal hardware.  It all comes down to the services enabled.
Almost any properly configrued compact version of a distro can run on small
(almost embedded-style) hardware.