[SATLUG] this gadget caught my eye!

John Chalinder argiod at bresnan.net
Mon Jan 7 01:50:22 CST 2008

I did not use the abusive language you imply, not would I ever use such
language in a public forum.

It was not my point to make you out to be a moron. My point was that, just
because it doesn't have all the neat TIVO features, that it might be possible
to give it those features; and, that if you were able to do so, we'd all like
to know how the project turns out.

If you don't have those skills, and can't pull together a group of people who
can work it out together, then possibly somebody in the Satlug community might
think it an interesting project and take it on. Either way, the possibility of
it happening, and the results shared with anyone interested, including
yourself.

I'm no electronics/programming genius, either. But if someone, or a group of
people were to develop this idea, I'd be thrilled to copy it, possibly with
personal modifications, myself.

I'm sorry if you took it as a personal insult. I try to consider my words
carefully, and it is never my intent to slight anyone; only to stimulate the
creative process.