[SATLUG] lvm2 and raid 0

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Mon Jan 7 10:22:02 CST 2008

I am getting ready to build a new box in the next couple of days.
However I can only afford two 500 gig drives.  I would eventually like
to expand to four or six 500 gig drives.  If I set my first two up as
Raid 1 can I latter and another drive and change to Raid 5 without
having to back up, format, and re-setup my system.  Or would I be better
off setting up an LVM.  I want the speed benefits as well as the
redundancy benefits of Raid but I also want the ease of adding
additional drives latter when I can afford them.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer
Todd