[SATLUG] This list Linux/Political

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Jan 7 12:54:04 CST 2008

> sarcasm please re-read) how i do not look forward to 2008 and the politics
> it involves, and the TV ads and the fights uh sorry debates, and watching
> grown men flat out lie and answer a yes/no question with 5 minutes of
> unrelated material).

On that last point of yours, let me just quote Dave Barry from my trusted Linux fortunes:

Well, here it is, 1983, so it won't be long before you start reading a
lot of boring stories about people like Vance Hartke.  Hartke is a
governor or mayor or something from one of the flatter states, and the
reason you'll be reading about him is that he's one of the 50 top
contenders for the 1984 Democratic presidential nomination.  These men
will spend the next 18 months going around the country engaging in the
most degrading activities imaginable, such as wearing idiot hats and
appearing on "Meet the Press".  "Meet the Press" is one of those Sunday
morning public interest shows that the public is not the least bit
interested in.  It features a panel of reporters who ask questions of a
guest politician, who wins an Amana home freezer if he can get through
the entire show without answering a single question ...
                -- Dave Barry, "On Presidential Politics"

So, nothing has changed since 1983, I just don't know if Tim Russert
has enough of those Amana home freezers left to give away...