[SATLUG] this gadget caught my eye!

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Mon Jan 7 14:41:41 CST 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 12:14 PM, Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:

> On 1/7/08, twistedpickles wrote:
>
> >  I've set up Mythtv to stream video to my phone on demand and have also
> made
> >  it possible to create podcasts of my video collection that I can
> subscribe
> >  to via Itunes. Either way take advantage of hardware acceleration on
> devices
> >  is the right way.
>
> Cool!  Can you give us more details on the type of phone you're
> talking about, and what all pieces of hardware and software you've
> used at the various different places within your network?

I agree!  I looked as Myth about 2 years ago to replace my TiVo, but there
was no (easy or that I found) support for extender devices like
HauppaugeMedia MVP or the like.  I ended up going with SageTV and have
been very
happy.  I have not gotten the streaming to phone thing yet, but am very
interested in that capability.