[SATLUG] This list Linux/Political

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Jan 8 09:34:43 CST 2008

I have been thinking about the recent political controversy on this list
for the past couple of days.  Given the fact that it is a election year,
and a very unusual one at that, it may be unavoidable that such
incidents happen.  In fact given the current political climate in our
country as a whole I am sure that we will see more of these posts not
less.  I can also understand, and certainly sympathize with, the
frustration this creates for those of us who use this list for learning
and technical purposes.

I am curious, is it possible or even worth the effort of creating a
sub-list in which political discourse in the context of
technology/Linux/open-source would be permitted?  I am thinking that
those of use who want to talk about politics can post to that list and
avoid junking up the tech list with inappropriate off-topic discussions
of politics.  Of course SATLUG as an organization would remain neutral.
This new list should be seen as a discussion amongst ourselves about
politics, Linux, the open source community, and technology in general.

Just an idea
Todd