[SATLUG] This list Linux/Political

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Jan 8 10:16:51 CST 2008

Don Wright wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 09:34:43 -0600, "Todd W. Bucy"
> <toddwbucy at grandecom.net> wrote:
>> I am curious, is it possible or even worth the effort of creating a
>> sub-list in which political discourse in the context of
>> technology/Linux/open-source would be permitted?
> It already exists. It's called Slashdot.
> Really, there are plenty of places to talk about politics in depth. This
> list cannot be one of them. Please keep postings centered on open source
> and leave _all_ arguments and bickering outside.
> Don Wright, Director
> SATLUG.org
I am very aware of slashdot, what I was proposing is a bit different
from that because it concerns the SATLUG community as opposed to the
larger slashdot community. Quite literally a /reasoned/ conversation
amongst /ourselves/ about these issues. If we offer the SATLUG members a
way to express themselves in a constructive manner and within the
/proper /context then we may be able to avoid the unfortunate flame war
that pops up on the tech/knowledge list.