[SATLUG] This list Linux/Political

Hector Bojorquez hector.bojorquez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 11:31:30 CST 2008

Personally, I'm not sure I want a public forum for SATLUGGERS to espouse
politics.
1.  I don't want to know that people whose tech skills I admire have
non-sensical political views (detect the note of ironic arrogance)
2.  I don't really feel comfortable with having public records of people's
political views-- call me paranoid.. but this supreme court is simply not
rational and who knows what will happen next
3.  Whatever spats occurr in such a forum will leak over to the list and
will ruin good faith efforts
4.  There's already enough zealotry on this list... we don't need another
forum for that...and by zealotry I'm speaking of spats I've seen concerning
all sorts of tech issues