[SATLUG] This list Linux/Political

Geoff geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Tue Jan 8 12:47:49 CST 2008

Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> Don Wright wrote:
>
>> Really, there are plenty of places to talk about politics in depth. This
>> list cannot be one of them. Please keep postings centered on open source
>> and leave _all_ arguments and bickering outside.
>>
>> Don Wright, Director
>> SATLUG.org
>>

> I am very aware of slashdot, what I was proposing is a bit different
> from that because it concerns the SATLUG community as opposed to the
> larger slashdot community. Quite literally a /reasoned/ conversation
> amongst /ourselves/ about these issues. If we offer the SATLUG members a
> way to express themselves in a constructive manner and within the
> /proper /context then we may be able to avoid the unfortunate flame war
> that pops up on the tech/knowledge list.

There used to be SATLUG-ETC where much off-topic discussion would occur.

Others have expressed a need/want for such a list, and I would also like
to see something like SATLUG-ETC resurrected.

Given the latest 'fray' on the list, I fail to understand the reasoning
why such an addition has yet to be implemented.