[SATLUG] This list Linux/Political

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Jan 8 13:17:15 CST 2008

Jeremy Mann wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2008 12:47 PM, Geoff <geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu> wrote:
>

>> There used to be SATLUG-ETC where much off-topic discussion would occur.
>>
>> Others have expressed a need/want for such a list, and I would also like
>> to see something like SATLUG-ETC resurrected.
>>
>> Given the latest 'fray' on the list, I fail to understand the reasoning
>> why such an addition has yet to be implemented.
>>

> satlug-etc was there for awhile (although I don't know if its still
> available) but people never used it. As for the forum idea, nah, there
> are plenty of other forums dedicated to public discussions, so there's
> no need to add another one. This mailing list is just fine, IF people
> stayed on topic. I would also like to see the list moderators start
> banning people if it gets out of hand.

Maybe, given that its an election year we should consider resurrecting
SATLUG -ETC.  Someone wishing to discuss off-topic issues can take it
there.  If a person consistently violates the list rules of discourse
under such a circumstance I could see banning someone.  Banning though
should be a last resort and the community as a whole should have some
say in the process.

Todd