[SATLUG] This list Linux/Political

Geoff geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Tue Jan 8 13:24:04 CST 2008

Todd W. Bucy wrote:

> Maybe, given that its an election year we should consider resurrecting
> SATLUG -ETC. Someone wishing to discuss off-topic issues can take
> itthere. If a person consistently violates the list rules of
> discourseunder such a circumstance I could see banning someone.
> Banning though should be a last resort and the community as a whole
> should have some say in the process.

I'm not for censorship of someones thoughts or their ability to speak
their mind, if they so desire.  I do think that there should be another
place, within our community, that such discussions should take place.
SATLUG-ETC would keep those of us in -our- community talking to others
in -our- community, and wouldn't pollute this list with what others
would deem to be off-topic diatribe in the regular SATLUG mailing list.

How hard could it be, in Mailman, to (re)create a new list?

(*chuckle*) Don't we have enough Linux 'experts' that could figure that
one out?  ;-)