[SATLUG] This list Linux/Political

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:25:15 CST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 1:17 PM, Todd W. Bucy <toddwbucy at grandecom.net> wrote:

> Maybe, given that its an election year we should consider resurrecting
> SATLUG -ETC.  Someone wishing to discuss off-topic issues can take it
> there.  If a person consistently violates the list rules of discourse
> under such a circumstance I could see banning someone.  Banning though
> should be a last resort and the community as a whole should have some
> say in the process.

Todd, I don't think this has anything to do with the election year.
The last flame war I remember was a few months ago, about a celebrity
or something. I forgot what exactly it was. Geoff can chime in since
he probably remembers. A few months from now it'll be because of
something completely different. And it goes on and on. Its usually
from the same people so I'm all for banning those certain individuals.

Remember guys/gals, there are probably employers who monitor and
participate on this list.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu