[SATLUG] SuSE 10.3 and Automatic Updates

Geoff geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Tue Jan 8 13:58:15 CST 2008

Ok, this is getting annoying...

Some of you may remember me saying my linux server is my -do all- box..
gateway, router, web/file/mail server, etc...  running it on a 733MHz
machine w/128meg (at the time - now up to 512meg of RAMBUS ram - Thanks,
Todd!) running SuSE Linux 10.3 (kde) and am -trying- to get used to the
Linux gui.  It ain't been easy, prying my fingernails away from the
keyboard at the command line tty's but I'm no stranger to a rodent, either.

... I digress...

Since I've been at the gui now (5 days?) every single stinking time I
sit down here, there's a message saying "new software for your system is
available".  Ok, fine.

I click on the icon, I click on 'details' it's amarok, version 4492-0.
Every time.

It's -always- been amarok, the version has always been the same, I tell
the system 'go get it', it asks me for my root password, I give it, it
goes through the gyrations and acts like it's getting it, and then the
system goes and checks the repositories again, and comes back and tells
me "new software for your system is available".  Ok, fine.

I tell the system 'go get it', it asks me for my root password, I give
it, it goes through the gyrations and acts like it's getting it, and
then the system goes and checks the repositories again, and comes back
and tells me "new software for your system is available".  Ok, fine.

I tell the system 'go get it', it asks me for my root password, I give
it, it goes through the gyrations and acts like it's getting it, and
then the system goes and checks the repositories again, and comes back
and tells me "new software for your system is available".  Ok, fine.

am i being clear enough in the problem description?

WHAT IS IT?!