[SATLUG] SuSE 10.3 and Automatic Updates

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Jan 8 14:53:35 CST 2008

Geoff wrote:
> Todd W. Bucy wrote:
>
>> first, Your welcome Geoff anytime.
>>

> I wish the other 128 would have worked with the two 256's... or I
> could find another pair of 256meg rambus ram (pc-800-45, in case
> anyone has some)
>
> ain't it grand to know what we can accomplish, as a community? (I
> know, I know.. I'm like a dog with a bone, once I get 'focused' on
> something...)
>
>>   This may be the case with your system as if I try to update I get
>> the same behavior.  Also this happened to me on
>> Feisty as well, eventually the repositories were updated and the
>> system corrected itself.
>>

> 5 days worth?

my current error only concerns 5 specific packages in compiz. all other
packages update properly.  Last time this happened (in fiesty) it was 3
with amarok.  in fiesty I had to wait till the next release (gutsy) for
the update manager to clear.  I fully expect that I will have to wait
until april (the Hardy release) until the update manager clears it self
up.  From what i have been able to figure out is that there is a known
discrepancy between the ubuntu repositories and the medibuntu
repository.  I would first look into your repositories for the answer.
there may be a conflict between version.

Todd