[SATLUG] USB device encryption

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Tue Jan 8 15:05:57 CST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 1:53 PM, John Ziriax <ziriax at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone come across a solution to encrypting removable devices
> while maintaining portability between Linux and Windows?

I use TrueCrypt in exactly this way.   I don't encrypt the entire volume,
nor do I use hidden containers, but via a .TC file, it works.

Truecrypt is the closest solution which I am aware of, but it must be
> installed on Windows. Linux too, to be fair.

 I cannot interpret from your comment whether it has works for you or not.
If not, what functionality/feature is missing to make it a solution for you,
or what problem are you having?

jp