[SATLUG] This list Linux/Political

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Jan 8 16:14:48 CST 2008

On 1/8/08, Geoff wrote:

>  How hard could it be, in Mailman, to (re)create a new list?
>  (*chuckle*) Don't we have enough Linux 'experts' that could figure that
>  one out?  ;-)

Speaking as a contributor to the Mailman project for a number of
years, and the current primary active Mailman site administrator and
postmaster for python.org, I can tell you that the technical side of
this question is trivially easy to answer, because the process itself
is about as easy as we can make it.

The policy side is much more difficult -- if the "powers that be" in
a given community don't want to create another list, there's not
likely to be anything you can do to convince them otherwise.