[SATLUG] Sharing windows files across subnets and the internet

Samuel Leon leon36 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:31:03 CST 2008

I have a remote computer across the internet set up as a security
surveillance server monitoring several cameras.  It runs windows
unfortunately (yea I know, I am working on it) and I need a way to get
into it to download the video files that it has and I also need to be
able to delete those files before they eat all of the drive space.  I
was thinking about doing windows sharing over a VPN but that looks to be
pretty complicated and requiring a WINS server.  Is there any kind of
(secure) ftp server software that I could install on the remote computer
to access it or something?

Thanks
Sam