[SATLUG] SuSE 10.3 and Automatic Updates

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Thu Jan 10 06:06:00 CST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 13:58 -0600, Geoff wrote:
> Ok, this is getting annoying...

[...]

> every single stinking time I
> sit down here, there's a message saying "new software for your system is
> available".  Ok, fine.
>
> I click on the icon, I click on 'details' it's amarok, version 4492-0.
> Every time.

[rinse, lather repeat]

> WHAT IS IT?

I'm not sure I can answer what it is, but I've run into the same thing
with a few packages on SuSE 10.3 and the way I get around it is to right
click on the toolbar icon for the updater and select quit, then run
# you
I know that doesn't answer your question on how to deal with this issue
in the GUI but it has worked for me on occasion.

Al Castanoli