[SATLUG] This list Linux/Political

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Thu Jan 10 06:20:04 CST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 14:55 -0600, Borries Demeler wrote:
> Does anyone still remember the very first Satlug meeting ever? Here is
> what I remember:
>
> There were 9 of us, and it was at Jim's near Fredricksburg and 410.
>
> The only other guy besides myself I can recall being there was
> Ray Lopez from UTHSCSA. Walt D., were you one of the 9?
> I think the meeting was in 1994. There were a few people from the
> military attending, but I can't recall who.
>
> -Borries

I was one of the military guys, on my twilight tour.  You hosted the
first formal sit-down meetings at UTSCSA and we all brought in spare
parts to build the first alamo.satlug.org.  It ended up running on a
100MHz Pentium with 48MB RAM and worked fine for a mailing list/web/
ftp server for over a year.  The first OS was RedHat 3.0.3 when it
was current.

Most of the founding members have moved on.

Al Castanoli