[SATLUG] This list Linux/Political

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu Jan 10 07:27:47 CST 2008

> I was one of the military guys, on my twilight tour.  You hosted the
> first formal sit-down meetings at UTSCSA and we all brought in spare
> parts to build the first alamo.satlug.org.  It ended up running on a
> 100MHz Pentium with 48MB RAM and worked fine for a mailing list/web/
> ftp server for over a year.  The first OS was RedHat 3.0.3 when it
> was current.

Hey Al,

Yeah, that's right - I remember having to battle the parking people
on campus to allow free parking :-). I remember also for the first year
or so I ran the list off of our University computer, and once that box
was built we transferred the list over to it and ran it under mailman.

Good to see you are still part of it :-)

-b.